Chemstations Releases CHEMCAD 6.3
HOUSTON, TX (July 1, 2010) - Chemstations, Inc., makers of the CHEMCAD suite of chemical process simulation software, today announced the release of CHEMCAD 6.3.
In keeping with Chemstations' long history of addressing changes in the chemical process industry and updating its software to reflect these changes, this release adds even more comprehensive and intuitive features to the CHEMCAD 6 process simulation tools.
Highlights of the new CHEMCAD 6.3 release include:
- Capacity to handle 2,000 discrete components in a single simulation
- Improved convergence via a new recycle cut stream algorithm
- Optional user-defined enhancement factor for mass transfer
- Enhanced composite curve plots for heat exchangers
- Numerous enhancements to the CC-THERM heat exchanger sizing module
- Capability to load multiple instances of CHEMCAD via COM
- Improvements to CHEMCAD's OPC functionality, including increased speed
- Increased calculation speed for local thermodynamics
- Capability for network administrators to perform silent update CHEMCAD installations
The new release is available to current CHEMCAD users via download on chemstations.com. A free trial for non-current users is also available on the site, although the requirements to qualify for the free trial vary by geographic region and it is not available to students.
About Chemstations, Inc.
Chemstations, Inc. is a worldwide leader in process simulation software, supplying the process industries and associated fields. Chemstations offers the CHEMCAD suite, several individually licensed and tightly integrated technologies, to increase the productivity and profitability of the chemical engineer's tasks. CHEMCAD is actively used by more than 800 organizations around the world. For more information, visit our website (www.chemstations.com) or call 800-CHEMCAD (243-6223).