CHEMCAD 6 Press Release
HOUSTON, TX (November 9, 2007) - Chemstations, Inc., makers of the CHEMCAD suite of chemical process simulation software, today announced the release of CHEMCAD Version 6.0.
Chemstations' Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Steve Brown, described the new software as "a great leap forward in chemical process simulation technology." He added, "This latest version builds on our commitment to innovation, integration, and open architecture. It features significant improvements in both the graphical user interface and the core engineering functionality of the program. CHEMCAD 6 is the culmination of nearly three years of effort, hundreds of hours of customer interviews, and decades of industry experience; it is truly a state-of-the-art process simulation package that seamlessly integrates into the wider chemical engineering computing environment."
Highlights of CHEMCAD Version 6.0 include the following:
- Uses a single mode for flowsheet drawing, specification, calculation, and PFD creation
- Creates single-file simulations that are easy to work with and share
- Provides quick and easy access to simulation data via the new CHEMCAD Explorer
- UnitOp icons and other flowsheet drawing tools always available on customizable Palette pane
- Messages pane tracks all error and warning messages, and can store job notes and display run trace messages
- CHEMCAD workspace now offers simplified zooming and automatic centering of new flowsheets
- Fully customizable screen elements include hiding, docking, and undocking panes, as well as customizable toolbars
- Easy cloning of UnitOps and streams using Templates feature
- Show or hide any individual flowsheet element or customized group of elements with a single click
- New structure of component database improves handling and sharing of user-defined components; over 100 new components added
- Auto-convergence option now available for distillation columns
- VBATM/VSTATM now embedded into CHEMCAD
- VBA and VSTA are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Improved performance and interface for License Manager
About Chemstations, Inc.
Chemstations, Inc. is a worldwide leader in process simulation software, supplying the process industries and associated fields. Chemstations offers the CHEMCAD suite, several individually licensed and tightly integrated technologies, to increase the productivity and profitability of the chemical engineer's tasks. CHEMCAD is actively used by more than 800 organizations around the world. For more information, see our web site, www.chemstations.com , or call 800-CHEMCAD (243-6223).